VEGAN – 1 CARB CHOICES
Brand New Recipe Just For No Salt Lifestyle
Updated © 2012
Before we moved from our "lifelong" quarters to where we are today, we had rosemary growing prolifically on our property. The scent at times was overpowering although appreciated. Today we grow herbs in small pots. And we use them. If you grow rosemary and dry it you'll really like it in this bread. Of course if you don't, just use the standard dried rosemary you find the store.
Makes 32 1" Slices
Sodium Per Recipe: 24.4 mg
Sodium Per Slice: .761 mg
Protein: 1.515 g
Carbohydrate: 9.606 g
Dietary Fiber: .386 g
Total Sugars: .355 g
Total Fat: .772 g
Saturated Fat: .109 g
Monounsaturated Fat: .487 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: .113 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Trans Fatty Acids: 0 g
Total Omega-3 FA: .008 g
Total Omega-6 FA: 0 g
Potassium: 31 mg
Sodium: .761 mg
Vitamin K: .417 mcg
Folic Acid: 17.1 mcg
- 1 cup warmed distilled or no sodium water (to about 105°F (trace)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (.15 mg)
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (trace)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (.189 mg)
- 3 cups less two-tablespoons best for bread white flour (7.185 mg)
- 2 tabelspoons potato flour (7.75 mg)
- 1 level tablespoon vital wheat gluten (2.25 mg)
- 1/4 teaspoon ascorbic acid (1.664)
- 2 level teaspoons sugar (trace)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (1.296 mg)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary* (1.65 mg)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (5 mg)
Place ingredients into bread machine in order listed. Set machine for dough.
Prepare baguette pans by lightly spraying with PAM type olive oil and dusting with cornmeal. Set pan on large cookie sheet.
Warm oven to about 80° F to 100° F and turn off. Don't get it too hot. We're looking to slightly more than room temperature. Set rack to middle.
After dough has risen in machine, bring to lightly floured breadboard and slice in half. Roll into logs that stretch to about 14" to 16" but about 2" in diameter. Cover with wax paper and place into the warmed oven. Let rise for 45 minutes to an hour.
Take wax paper off. Leave dough in oven. Turn oven on to 425° F and bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove and cool on rack. Slice 1" thick to serve with soup, stew, chili or salads. (Can also be used for sandwich buns or burgers.)
*Another teaspoon or two is acceptable if you really like rosemary.