Don's Mushroom Burger
Flexitarian – 3+ Carb Choices
Updated © 2012
I love hamburgers. So, even though I had to lower my fat content and sodium to "below the line,"
I figured out how to make one I could enjoy anytime I wanted. Try it, you’ll like it. The fat has also been reduced here.
Makes 1 Burger
Sodium Per Burger: 63.7 mg
Protein: 29.8 g
Carbohydrate: 51.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.46 g
Total Sugars: 11 g
Total Fat: 16.6 g
Saturated Fat: 7.187 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 6.61 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.63 g
Cholesterol: 76 mg
Trans Fatty Acids: .191 g
Total Omega-3 FA: .193 g
Total Omega-6 FA: .004 g
Potassium: 763.1 mg
Sodium: 63.7 mg
Vitamin K: 11.2 mcg
*May use turkey or chicken burger instead.
- 1 sesame sandwich bun (12.3 mg)
- 1 inner leaf Romaine lettuce (.48 mg)
- 2-ounces lean ground beef* (37 mg)
- 4 medium to large mushrooms, diced (3.68 mg)
- 1 thin or medium slice red onion, diced (.42 mg)
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard (5 mg)
- 1 slice medium tomato (1.8mg)
- 1 ounce (slice) low sodium Swiss or Cheddar cheese** (3.92 mg)
Mix mushrooms and diced onion into meat. Cook meat mixture in nonstick pan, pressing down hard to make it bun size. Toast the buns inner side only, let
cheese melt on top bun. Layer mustard on lower bun. Add no-salt-added ketchup if you like.
Place meat against the melted cheese when the meat is done. Close sandwich. Delicious.
**Low sodium no-salt-added cheeses may list on their FDA labels from 5 mg to 10 mg per ounce.