Updated 2014. © Copyright 1997-2014
Peggy Shultz created this many, many years ago. Careful though,
whoever you serve this to will want more than one serving.
Sodium Per Recipe: 142.7 mg
Sodium Per Serving: 15.9 mg
Protein: 3.585 g
Carbohydrate: 33.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.63 g
Total Fat: 10.6 g
Saturated Fat: 1.154 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 5.971 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.788 g
Cholesterol: 47 mg
Trans Fatty Acids: 0 g
Total Omega-3 FA: .137 g
Total Omega-6 FA: 0 g
Potassium: 258.7 mg
Sodium: 15.9 mg
Vitamin K: .134 mcg
Folate: 24.2 mcg
- 2/3 cup white unbleached flour (1.65 mg)
- 1½ teaspoons Ener-G Baking Powder (13.5 mg)
- 2 large eggs (126 mg)
- 1 cup sugar (trace)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (.378 mg)
- 1 cup pared and chopped apples (trace)
- 1 cup chopped dry roasted unsalted pecans (1.134 mg)
Beat the eggs. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla. In a separate
bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
Fold dry ingredients into
wet. Add the apples and nuts.
Put in greased 8x8 pan and bake
at 350° F for 35-40 minutes.
Cut into squares. Serve for dessert.
Serve with zero sodium canned whipped cream or low sodium
* You can cut them smaller and make 12.