Brand New Recipe Just For No Salt Lifestyle
Bread Machine Knead - Hand Shape - Oven Bake
Click on Picture for Larger View
This bun was designed for large burgers like those served in the West or even in places like Ireland, where the Irish have "Irish Beef." This bun is a great treat
for burgers. You can make them smaller if you like. Cooking time will remain about the same.*
Sodium Per Recipe: 106 mg
Sodium Per Bun (8): 13.2 mg
Per Hamburger Bun:
Protein: 9.899 g
Carbohydrate: 64.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.734 g
Total Sugars: 1.878 g
Total Fat: 7.593 g
Saturated Fat: 1.057 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 4.48 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.568 g
Cholesterol: .077 mg
Trans Fatty Acids: 0 g
Total Omega-3 FA: .069 g
Total Omega-6 FA: 0 g
Potassium: 234.6 mg
Sodium: 13.2 mg
Vitamin K: 3.283 mcg
Folic Acid: 114.3 mcg
Makes 8 hamburger style buns
or 10 Sandwich Rolls
Bread Dough Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups less 1 tablespoon warmed (90° F to 110° F)
filtered water (trace)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (trace)
- 2 tablespoons non fat milk, slightly warmed (12.9 mg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (.378 mg)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (.15 mg)
- 4 3/4 cups best for bread machine white flour (12.5 mg)
1/4 cup potato flour (15.5 mg)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (1.134 mg)
- 1/4 teaspoon ascorbic acid** (4.992 mg)
- 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar or 1-teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon Splenda (trace)
- 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast (6 mg)
After dough is ready:
- 1 large egg, white only, whisked (54.8 mg)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds (2.97 mg)
Place dough ingredients into bread machine in order listed. Set for dough.
When dough is ready, place on lightly floured board and flatten dough to about a 1/2 inch thick..
Use the round open top of a large jar or plastic container if you don't have a 5" cutter. Cut out 8 buns. If you make smaller buns you can stretch this to nearly
I use a muffin top pan to cook these because the size of the recessed areas is perfect. Otherwise, set your shaped buns on a lightly greased baking sheet or an
ungreased sheet of baking paper. With a basting brush, baste each bun with egg white. The sprinkle sesame seeds on the tops.
Preheat oven to 375° F. Bake on middle rack at temperature until deep golden about 15 to 25 minutes.
*For even more freshness and a nutty flavor, why not add 1-level tablespoon of granular soy lecithin?
**Ascorbic Acid Available from
Need ingredients? Visit Our Where To Buy page.
And remember Pete Eiden's brand new Web site at Healthy Heart Market for a variety of great low sodium items.