Crispy Chicken Critters
© Copyright 1997 - 2010
Excellent Flavor - Easy to make
Brand New Recipe Just For No Salt Lifestyle
Unbelievable but it works. The concept for this quick-n-tasty chicken came to us from a visitor to Megaheart.com. Use your favorite unsalted potato chips
or this one. (Crushed Spoon Size Shredded Wheat also works.)
Sodium Per Recipe: 369.8 mg
Sodium Per Serving: 92.5 mg
Protein: 29.2 g
Carbohydrate: 8.547 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.156 g
Total Sugars: 0 g
Total Fat: 6.919 g
Saturated Fat: 1.792 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 1.333 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.086 g
Cholesterol: 68.4 mg
Calcium: 31.6 mg
Iron: 1.663 mg
Potassium: 519 mg
Sodium: 92.5 mg
Vitamin K: .001 mcg
Folate: 14 mcg
- 16 ounces your choice boneless, skinless chicken (306.8 mg)
- 1 bag Kettle, Michaels or other unsalted potato chips (4.8 mg)
- pinch ground cloves (1.531 mg)
- ½ teaspoon coriander (.315 mg)
- ½ teaspoon marjoram (.231 mg)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (.6 mg)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (.77 mg)
- 1 egg white, well beaten (54.8 mg)
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Crush the bag of potato chips in the bag. Then pour out on cutting board and roll with pin until chips are useable as coating.
Mix together the spices and stir in with chips.
Beat egg. Roll chicken strips, legs, thighs or whichever you prefer in egg white. Then roll chicken in spices/chip mix.
Place in baking dish on rack or on very light spritz of canola or olive oil from a PAM type container.
Bake for between 30 and 45 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown. Serve hot.