Garlic Thyme Bread
1½ Carb Choices
Makes terrific croutons and it's also Great with Pasta Meals
Adaptable for Diabetics
Great for croutons, rolls, buns and sandwich bread. This tasty recipe works well as bread for pasta meals, BBQ and sandwiches, especially burgers. You can make in the bread machine as cooked loaf or make the dough in the machine or by hand and form rolls and bake in oven.
Makes 1 loaf (16 slices) or
Makes 18 dinner rolls
or 8 hamburger buns
Sodium Per Recipe: 19.2 mg
Sodium Per Slice (16): 1.201 mg
Protein: 3.393 g
Carbohydrate: 21.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.24 g
Total Sugars: 1.53 g
Total Fat: 2.983 g
Saturated Fat: .388 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 1.907 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: .33 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Total Omega-3: .024 g
Total Omega-6: .309 g
Calcium: 7.725 mg
Potassium: 54.7 mg
Sodium: 1.201 mg
Vitamin K: 1.24 mcg
Folate: 53.5 mcg
Folic Acid: 30.9 mcg
- 1 raw garlic flower, roasted* (3.57 mg)
- 1 cup distilled water, heated to 110oF to 115oF (trace)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (trace)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (1.89 mg)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (.15 mg)
- 3 cups white best for bread flour (7.5 mg)
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (2.25 mg)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar or Splenda substitute (.126 mg)
- 1 tablespoon Ever Fresh fruit freshener (trace)
- 1 tablespoon dark rye flour (.214 mg)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (trace)
- 1 level tablespoon dried thyme leaves** (.216)
- 1¾ teaspoons bread machine yeast (4 mg)
Place ingredients in bread pan in order listed or per your manufacturer's instructions. If making loaf, set machine to white bread, medium crust, 2 pound loaf.
If making rolls or buns, shape and place into muffin pan or on cookie sheet, let rise for 45 minutes to an hour in room temperature, under light clothe or wax paper. Bake at 350o F for up to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
To make croutons, slice into one-inch or bite size chunks, lightly spray with Pam type olive or canola oil and toast each side for about a minute or until they begin to turn.
Excellent on salads.
*See: Roasted Garlic
**Fresh Thyme adds a good flavor. Use 2 tablespoons finely chopped if replacing dried thyme.