Banana Nut Bread Printer Version
This recipe was created because of a visitor to Megaheart.com who wanted a bread machine recipe. For that we thank her. This is truly a very tasty recipe and each slice
is relatively low in calories as well as in sodium levels. If your machine has a Batter setting, then this will work well.
Bread Machine Recipe
Updated © 2009
Makes 1 loaf (16 slices)
Sodium Per Recipe: 176.8 mg
Sodium Per Slice: 11.1 mg
Nutrient Value Per Slice (16):
Protein: 3.174 g
Carbohydrate: 22.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.151 g
Total Sugars: 10.6 g
Total Fat: 6.032 g
Saturated Fat: .803 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 1.989 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.875 g
Cholesterol: 26.5 mg
Trans Fatty Acids: 0 g
Total Omega-3 FA: .517 g
Total Omega-6 FA: 0 g
Potassium: 139.9 mg
Sodium: 11.1 mg
Vitamin K: 1.332 mcg
Folic Acid: 18 mcg
1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour (3.75 mg)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (trace)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (trace)
- 1/4 cup honey (3.39 mg)
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas (about 2 medium ripe bananas) (2.25 mg)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (.118 mg)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar (.05 mg)
- 1 teaspoon banana extract or flavoring (.378 mg)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (.598 mg)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (.088 mg)
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk with added Vit. A (34 mg)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (126 mg)
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted walnuts (1.17 mg)
Above goes into bread machine in order listed. Set machine for batter-bread baking. Remember this is not a yeast recipe so all ingredients can be room temperature. The milk can sit on the countertop for about 10 minutes before pouring into mixture.
About five minutes before kneading ends add
Add in the Featherweight to the kneading process about two minutes before kneading is completed. (Yes, you can make this by hand.)
If you miss that mark and the machine stops, then stir the Featherweight in with a spoon, stirring it somewhat vigorously.
If you can pull the blade(s) out now that will help later when extracting the cooked loaf.
- 1 tablespoon Featherweight Baking Powder (13.5 mg) or 2 teaspoons New Improved Ener-G Baking Powder (trace)
After kneading stops, add:
- 2 level tablespoons walnuts partially chopped (for top layer) (.567 mg)
If your machine doesn't have a batter setting, then you can bake this recipe in your oven. (You can't successfully use a standard bread setting.)
Simply scrape all the batter into a lightly greased 7 or 9" loaf pan, place the walnut halves on top spreading them out evenly and bake in a preheated oven (350° F) for 30 to 35 minutes.
After stirring in the Featherweight, place the unsalted walnut halves over the top, close the lid and the machine will continue to bake the bread.